Ocado Solutions is responsible for corporate partnerships, providing the Ocado Smart Platform (“OSP”) as a service to retailers around the world. OSP consists of access to Ocado’s physical infrastructure solutions, efficient warehouse operations for the single pick of products, end-to-end proprietary software applications, and advanced robotics required to operate a world-class online grocery business.
Our unique, proprietary, and industry-leading technology are set to transform the shopping experience of consumers around the world. We have partnered with Sobeys to help it redefine the grocery customer experience in Canada through the adoption of the centralized, automated model of online retailing provided by the Ocado Smart Platform.
Technical Support Specialist – Montréal, CA
What You Will Do
Provide technical support for the user base and warehouses, primarily on site, but as part of a shift rotation model. Deliver first class customer service, focus on customer satisfaction, manage customer expectations and provide regular updates on tickets.
As our Technical Support Specialist, your day-to-day responsibilities could include:
- Providing technical services & support for the designated site
- Being responsible for the smooth operation of technology devices within the warehouse such as pick stations, scanners, computing devices, CCTV, WAP and more
- Delivering first class customer service
- Focusing on customer satisfaction
- Working at height
- Ticket logging and completion
- Stakeholder management
You may be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review.
Technical Support Specialist. Who You Are
To qualify for this position, you should meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or related field
- At least 4 years of proven previous experience in a technical support capacity
- Additional experience along with a related certification or Associates Degree will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree
- Good understanding of network infrastructures
- Strong customer service
- Proven ability to engage effectively with stakeholders to ensure an effective service which promotes the team
- Strong team player, ensuring the team is sharing knowledge and operating effectively
- Proven ability to engage effectively in major incident management with the business
- Proven ability to engage effectively with other technical teams to ensure a speedy resolution to issues
- Strong written and verbal communications, comfortable liaising with various levels of stakeholder
- Competent with creating, maintaining and distributing documentation, including reporting
- Knowledge of Windows 7/8/10, MAC OS X, Android, iOS, technical hardware
- Microsoft certification or equivalent (i.e. MCITP, ITIL, etc.) desired, but not required
- Demonstrable experience of mentoring and assisting other members of the team
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, crouch, crawl and carry up to 50lbs
- Comfortable working at height
- Fluency in English with a working knowledge of French
Technical Support Specialist.Schedule
The schedule will begin as Monday-Friday 40 hours per week. The schedule will transition to a 12 hour rotating shift pattern, covering a day and night rotation with a 4 days on and 4 days off schedule.
This position is located in Pointe-Claire, QC
Technical Support Specialist. What We Offer
- Paid Vacation and Sick days; Paid personal time per year and 10 public holidays.
- External Health Care includes coinsurance at 90%, prescriptions, Paramedical and other services.
- Health Care Spending Account
- Vision Care available; Dental Care 100% basic, 80% preventative
- Pension Plan; 100% match up to 6% of earnings
- Employee Assistance Program
- Income Protection
- Life Insurance
Technical Support Specialist. Learn About Our Partnership With Sobeys
- Ocado seals new international tie-up with Sobeys in Canada
- A sneak peek at the future of grocery automation in Canada
- Check out this video about our advanced robotics technology
Ocado Solutions values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Quebec Charter of Human Rights and Freedoms. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software
- Staffing & Recruiting
- Information Technology
Featured benefits Inferred from the description for this job
For Technical Support Specialist in Montréal, CA at Ocado Engineering
- Medical insurance
- Vision insurance
- Dental insurance
- Pension plan