Technical Project Manager – Toronto. The focus of the role will be upon the integration of the NSRP with local jurisdictional systems, external party systems, the data distribution service, and other systems
Securities regulators from each of the 10 provinces and 3 territories of Canada have teamed up to form the Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA). The Canadian Securities Administrators (CSA) is a voluntary umbrella organization of Canada’s provincial and territorial securities regulators whose objective is to improve, coordinate and harmonize regulation of the Canadian capital markets.
The CSA operates, through various agreements, several shared information technology systems that serve securities regulatory purposes and functions. These CSA National Systems are the primary interface between regulated entities and each provincial and territorial regulator. In addition, many of the systems provide information to other market participants including institutional investors and the public.
The operations, maintenance, and enhancement of the CSA National Systems (NSRP) are managed by the CSA IT Systems Office which is co-located within the premises of the Ontario Securities Commission. A program is underway to replace the existing CSA National Systems.
- 1 Technical Project Manager – One Year Term Assignment
Technical Project Manager – One Year Term Assignment
The CSA National Systems Renewal Program Technical Project Manager will work within CSA IT Systems Office and with the NSRP Project Management Office to assist in managing the Technical Subprogram related to the renewal of the CSA national systems, including coordinating tasks, resources, schedules, deliverables and approvals, and other activities as necessary, for the development and implementation of this complex, multi-jurisdictional IT project.
Reporting to the Manager, IT Project Management Office, the NSRP Technical Project Manager will be responsible for working with the NSRP PMO, the CSA ITSO, the CSA Secretariat, others in the NSRP project governance structure, vendors, external market place stakeholders, and CSA jurisdictional staff either leading, or contributing to, technical subprogram projects within the NSRP.
The focus of the role will be upon the integration of the NSRP with local jurisdictional systems, external party systems, the data distribution service, and other systems; however, the NSRP Technical Project Manager will also assist with the data cleansing and migration, NSRP Technical Working Group activities, liaise with the other NSRP project managers, liaise with a subset of jurisdictional IT activities related to the NSRP, and lead or support other NSRP technical project activities. .
Technical Project Manager. Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the day-to-day activities and responsibilities of the project according to the project plan and directives in conjunction with the NSRP program staff, business and technical subject matter experts, quality assurance professionals, and the NSRP and other vendors to ensure key milestones and deliverables are met
- Ensure appropriate and sufficient resources have been allocated to complete the necessary tasks
- Coordinate project prioritization, organize complex tasks and work with business, technical and subject matter experts and other staff to ensure that deliverables are successfully completed, and milestones are met
- Monitor progress of the various project teams to ensure timely completion of deliverables
- Manage the approval process for the project – i.e. prepare the appropriate reports, presentation material and documents, present project concepts to senior executives for approval
- Provide regular project status update reports
- Work with the NSRP project governance to ensure in-depth understanding of the project schedule and expectations
- Arrange meetings for various Committees and Working Groups and ensure proper agendas and materials have been drafted and circulated in advance
- Manage issues, ‘parking-lot’ items, problem areas, resolutions, and project risks and escalate as necessary
- Ensure that all standards are met and tracked
- Lead all aspects of the project lifecycle and work with a matrix of business, corporate and IT partners to oversee all phases of the project (including, as applicable, change management, deliverable approval management, decision management, escalation management, process management, project management, transition to business/operations, system development, quality management, etc.) and ensure project structure is designed to achieve the intended business benefit;
- Manage expectations of stakeholders, vendors, consultants, procurement, requirement and staff resources;
- Establish processes and mitigating strategies for managing issues and risks across project and associated projects, including escalation processes.
- Develop, disseminate and promote appropriate project management standards, strategies, policies, methods, techniques and tools
- Manage the project management process using best industry practice
If you’re looking new job opportunities that offer relocation and high
salaries around the world check it out on our website Jobzey.com
Technical Project Manager.Exeprience Requirements
- Project Management Experience: Minimum 8 years of experience in a project management capacity leading and managing multi-disciplinary and multi-jurisdictional IT and business-related projects. Your background would include a range of successfully completed projects in the 2M to 5M range.
- Financial Services, Capital Markets or Regulatory experience: Significant portfolio of completed projects in a financial service, capital markets or regulatory setting is strongly preferred.
- Multi-stakeholder and Multijurisdictional Complexities: Experienced with complex, diverse project environments with multiple changing priorities and demands, and able to articulate and lead the developing of a project management plan through challenging initiatives.
- People and Vendor Management: Prior experience directing, guiding and working with other project staff and vendors.
- Critical Thinking, Analysis and Results: Excellent critical thinking, analytical capabilities and decision-making skills; results oriented and deadline driven
- Conflict Management and negotiations: Skilled negotiator and communicator to develop consensus and constructively manage conflicts
Technical Project Manager. Education and Technical Requirements
- Education: University degree in computer science or engineering, or combination of related discipline and experience; Project Management Institute (PMI) certificate
- Project Management Skills: Excellent project management skills, sound understanding of and the ability to apply project management methodologies in the context of a large IT project including the ability to multi-task, set priorities, coordinate and schedule.
- Project Management Tools: Advanced knowledge of a range of project management tools such as MS Project and the related suite of MS Office Suite of Products including PowerPoint, Excel and Word.
- Data Migration: Strong knowledge and experience with data migration and conversion projects
- Software Development Lifecycle: Knowledge and experience with the full software development lifecycle and business analysis methodologies (both Waterfall and Agile) including, but not limited to: (a) system requirements and scope changes; (b) software development and code management; (c) testing and quality assurance; (d) documentation; (e) deployment and training; and (f) transition to operations
Special Employment Considerations
Please note that this role is a one-year term assignment. You will work for our client as an employee on the CSA payroll. While we appreciate all applications we are not in a position to consider an independent contractor relationship.
How to be Considered for this Opportunity
To explore this opportunity please apply online with a covering letter outlining your interest and key qualifications along with your resume in word of PDF format via email by April 24, 2020 or sooner to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting project CSA-TPM3.
Interviews with our client will take place the week of April 27th so time is of the essence if this opportunity is of interest.
If you wish to speak with our Executive Recruiters, please contact Jon Stungevicius at 416-214-9299 x1 or via email at email@example.com.
The CSA is committed to providing an inclusive workplace environment that meets the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities. Please go to Accessibility at the OSC/CSA to review the OSC/CSA’s policies on accessibility and accommodation in the workplace.
- Financial Services
- Capital Markets
- Government Administration