Software Engineer, Distributed Systems. Define and build elegant, performant, and resilient systems for tomorrow’s web.
Enthusiasm about the decentralized web and blockchains has brought an influx of people who want to _use_ distributed systems but who don’t know _how to build_ the necessary infrastructure. We are building that infrastructure. To continue that work, we’re looking for people who thoroughly understand the principles of distributed systems and who will lean into the challenges of applying those principles in open-source code that will be deployed worldwide.
Software Engineer, Distributed Systems. Distributed Systems Engineering at Protocol Labs
Distributed systems engineering lies at the center of many projects at Protocol Labs. With IPFS, libp2p, Filecoin and other related projects we are laying the foundation for a more resilient, more secure, distributed version of the web. This requires rigorous engineering from protocol design through all the phases of implementation.
We strike a balance between pragmatism (put it on a ship ⛴), deeply informed protocol design, and strict application of strong engineering principles. All of this happens in an environment defined by curiosity, passion, and a love for open source.
As a Distributed Systems Software Engineer at Protocol Labs you might …
- Create elegant, reusable open-source solutions to hard distributed systems problems
- Participate in the design of performant and resilient applications
- Integrate research results into real programs
- Provide code reviews, guidance, and encouragement for open source contributors around the world
You may be a fit for this role if you have:…
- Solid understanding of distributed systems principles (required)
- A good understanding of the Web’s application model (required)
- Literacy with cryptographic principles and practices
- Experience Implementing distributed software systems and applications that overcome the challenges of p2p networking
- A fiery passion for busting through NATs
- Experience leading and guiding Open Source projects (preferred)
- Experience Implementing DHTs, consensus (Raft/PAXOS) and/or blockchain-based protocols (preferred)
- Experience with 1 or more of the following: Smart Contracts, storage platforms, UNIX file systems, VMs (preferred)
- Proficiency at tuning network applications for high and low bandwidth settings (preferred)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.
LOOKING for a JOB? Follow me.
Let’s help each other out! “We cannot help everyone, but everyone can help someone.