Senior Regional IT Manager (m/f).DESCRIPTION
Senior Regional IT Manager (m/f)
Our overall mission is simple: we want Amazon to be the place where our customers can find, discover and buy anything online. Operations is at the heart of Amazon customer experience. Each action we undertake is done on behalf of our customers, as meeting their expectations makes us feel good.
Whatever our customers want, we will find the means to deliver it. With your help, Amazon will continue to enable people to discover new worlds and implement innovation. This is your chance to make history.
Role: Senior Regional IT Manager (m/f)
Amazon is looking for a senior leader of our EU IT Infrastructure Support team reporting directly into the European Regional IT leader. This organization of more than 150 professionals supports the IT infrastructure used by tens of thousands of Amazon associates working in facilities across EU.
This is a position with high global visibility and impact. Every customer shipment from every EU Amazon operations facility depends on the performance of this team and the systems, networks, IT end-user devices and software they support.
You will be providing motivational and inspirational leadership to smart and driven IT regional and IT line managers in EU, helping them develop themselves, their teams and every aspect of their departments. You will play an important role in planning, influencing and implementing our long-term Technical/Business strategy. You will guide, mentor and coach others across the organization.
Developing talent within the organization and recruiting leaders that raises the bar for the team will be another priority. Our business is driven by metrics.
As such, you will champion data-driven decision making and be passionate about. You will improving the metrics that help you operate your business. Management of a large capital and headcount budgets will be your responsibility too. As part of a global organization, you will work closely with peers around the world.
· Leading talented IT managers and luminary engineers who enjoy working on creative solutions, operating and supporting large scale systems and who thrive in a fast paced fun environment.
· Foster culture of continuous operational improvement based on metrics through mentoring, feedback, and courage to innovate and change.
· Own and champion operational excellence through establishment of metrics for measurement with a consistent, regular process for assessment and improvement.
· Deliver results on complex projects involving global teams across the company.
· Set clear, measurable quality goals for an organization in a data-driven way.
· Coordinate with a diverse stakeholder base – business leaders, support function counterparts, project & program managers and partner technology teams to ensure highest operational excellence and project implementation.
· Have the obsession to invent, simplify and drive a better customer experience.
Senior Regional IT Manager. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
· Bachelor’s degree
· 10+ years of industry experience of increasing responsibility running large IT support teams.
· 7+ years of experience leading a number of IT managers in a large industrial organization concurrently as well as multiple competing priorities simultaneously.
· Demonstrated ability to develop and attract top talent.
· Deep knowledge of current IT infrastructure and IT support functions such as data center operations, information security, end customer support, LAN- / WAN- & Wireless Network Infrastructure, VoIP, telecomm, end user equipment support, IoT & RFID operations, Linux/Windows and structured data cabling.
· Multidisciplinary experience overseeing IT Infrastructure development, program/project management, QA and forecasting required.
· Exceptional and effective communication and analytical skills in English, including strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems.
· Experience with identifying, solving and operating business solutions requiring high availability, high scaling, low latency.
· Candidates must be driven, creative, flexible, fast paced, agile ambiguous and self-motivated.
· Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams through influence versus direct management; excellent interpersonal skills.
· Ability to travel up to 50% monthly.
Senior Regional IT Manager. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
· Master’s degree preferred
· Experience with UK employment laws and regulations.
· Proven track record of complex and creative problem solving and the desire to create and build new processes.
· Hires and develops great people; inspires passion in others.
· Expects and requires innovation of her/his team.
· Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution – Thinks big and has convictions.
· Has relentlessly high standards.
· Strong orientation towards delivering business results.
· English proficiency is required any other European language German, Polish, Czech, Slovak, French, Spanish, Italian is a plus.
About our rewards
We’ll expect you to go the extra mile, but we’ll also make sure you’re well rewarded. As well as a competitive salary, stock units and site performance-related pay potential, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount.
Additionally, you will find yourself in a stimulating environment where you can develop processes as well as yourself as an individual by working with some of the best and brightest minds in the industry. Our rapidly growing organization offers also many opportunities for building a diverse and rewarding career.
Senior Regional IT Manager (m/f)
Sound interesting? We wait for your application.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
Amazon takes your personal data protection seriously and respects EU and local data protection laws. Unless you express otherwise, by submitting your CV you authorize the hiring Amazon company to store your personal data in the electronic database maintained by Amazon Corporate LLC. in the USA or one of its affiliates for the purpose of assessing your suitability for this and future job vacancies and to pursue your recruiting process.
If at any time you want your personal data to be deleted, you simply need to notify the hiring Amazon company. Amazon will not share your personal data with any third party without your prior consent. As part of your interview process with Amazon you may be asked to authorize the hiring Amazon company to separately verify your application data and personal background through a third party service provider.
Senior Regional IT Manager (m/f)
Let’s help each other out! “We cannot help everyone, but everyone can help someone.