Recipe Key Lime Pie: This traditional key lime pie recipe is the perfect summertime dessert: it only needs 4 ingredients and you don’t even have to bake it.
Cooking Method of Recipe Key Lime Pie
1. Limes in hot water, dry. On a fine grater, rub the zest so as to get 4 teaspoons, then squeeze the juice from the limes (for the recipe you need about 100 ml). Beat the egg yolks with a white mixer, then spread the condensed milk to them, zest and pour lime juice, mix, leave for 30-40 minutes, so that the mass thickens a little.
2. Grind cookies with a blender into homogeneous chips. Melt the butter to a liquid state, this can be done using a microwave or in a water bath. Pour melted butter into a bowl with crumbs, pour sugar, combine both masses together using a blender.
3. Spread the mixture in a baking dish, level, tamp. We send the form to the oven, preheated to 170 degrees, bake it for 20 minutes.
4. Then we take out the form from the oven, put the filling on the base, level it, put the cake back 10 minutes.
5. Pour water into a stewpan, pour starch, mix until smooth, send to the fire, heat but do not boil. Remove the stewpan from the heat, let cool slightly.
6. Beat the whites until stable strong peaks, in the process of whipping, gradually pour sugar, then pour the cooled starch mass, whisk again.
7. The resulting meringue decorates the cake, bake again in the oven for 20 minutes, then cool the cake on the wire rack.
Serve on the table, cut into pieces and decorate to taste, for example, a piece of lime.
Energy Value Per Serving of Recipe Key Lime Pie
- Calorie content
- 227 kcal
- Protein 5.5 Gram
- Fats – 10.3 Grams
- Carbohydrates – 29.6 grams
- ½ tablespoon honey
- Cookies150 g
- Butter35 g
- Chicken egg1 piece
- Egg white1 piece
- Condensed milk½ can
- Lime2 pieces