IT Test Manager – Muscat, Oman. We are looking for individuals with an entrepreneurial mind-set who get excited by challenges and constant change, and truly want to have a positive impact on the lives of our customers and the people of Oman.
Oman Future Telecommunication (OFT) will be Oman’s 3rd Network Operator, delivered through a Branded Partnership with Vodafone. In line with Vodafone’s Global Brand Purpose, ‘We Connect for a Better Future’, the company is committed to be dynamic, different and ‘digital first’ in mind-set, in order to bring the best global practices & expertise to Oman.
IT Test Manager – Muscat, Oman
This partnership will provide all people in Oman, innovative Digital Services experiences, and truly different products. We are looking for energetic self-starters to work in this positive collaborative start-up environment, where key talents will create Oman’s happiest workplace.
We are looking for individuals with an entrepreneurial mind-set who get excited by challenges and constant change, and truly want to have a positive impact on the lives of our customers and the people of Oman.
OFT is a proudly 100% Omani owned company that supports the Government of Oman’s 2040 Vision and the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals.
This is a key role for assuring the vendor and team outputs for the new company, The role has overall accountability for the quality and acceptance of the solution to be delivered. All the vendors testing strategies and process will converge to this role, with support coming from the IT Programme Manager.This is a vital role to the success of the new company by being the IT quality advocate across the business.
IT Test Manager. Key accountabilities and decision ownership:
- Accountable for the creation of the overall IT testing strategy.
- Responsible for the implementation of the strategy across the project streams.
- Responsible for assuring the vendors test strategies and bringing together the single approach.
- Responsible for leading the SI through the testing and acceptance phases for IT system test.
- Responsible for leading the vendors and the company through SIT.
- Accountable for creating of quality metrics and regular reporting and analysis of progress.
- Responsible for gain all testing certificates from the estate and managing the handover to operations.
IT Test Manager. Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
- Direct experience in Telecoms environment in a similar role, minimum 6 years.
- Expert in: Test strategy creation,Testing tools,Test execution,Vendor management,Performance testing,Software delivery lifecycle.
- Transferable knowledge from quad play telco environments and other industries with high volume/leading edge technologies.
- Direct experience of mobile and wireline technologies, from design to implementation and passing into operations.
- Strong vendor management, being commercially aware of decisions and solutions impacting contracts and including commercially aware to a contracting level.
- Start-up experience required
- International experience across different cultures, ideally experience of having lived and worked in Oman (or in the Gulf) and/or understanding of the Arab culture
IT Test Manager. Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- University Degree.
- Testing process certifications.
- Project management qualifications.
IT Test Manager. Key performance indicators:
- Quality of vendor delivery
- Keeping the vendors on track
- Testing strategy agreed and signed off
- Test execution/run rate
- Vendor management