Dutch Freelance Editor – Outdoor Collections and Guides. Millions of people experience real-life adventures with our apps. We help people all over the world to discover and plan the best hiking and biking routes, empowering them to explore more of the great outdoors.
And we’re good at it: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times — and, with over 9 million users and over 100,000 five-star reviews, komoot is becoming the most popular cycling and hiking app worldwide.
The backbone of komoot is a huge repository of route recommendations and outdoor tips; handmade Collections built by passionate outdoor editors who experience these places for themselves.
To help inspire our growing community in the Netherlands through the best outdoor content, we’re looking for additional outdoor editors to join our team on a freelance basis.
Dutch Freelance Editor – Outdoor Collections and Guides. Your key responsibilities
- Create unique, inspiring content for our Collections and Guides (Collection example: https://www.komoot.com/collection/887973/mountain-biking-the-west-highland-way and Guides example: https://www.komoot.com/guide/65587)
- Use your knowledge of the most popular official bike routes, the best singletracks, the toughest climbs or the most beautiful hikes to inspire our Dutch userbase.
- Independently build amazing routes on komoot
- Research and create relevant Highlights for mountain bikers, cyclists, bike tourers and hikers.
- Review and edit existing Highlights based on our quality standards and according to user suggestions
- Describe the most important aspects of a region such as its landscape, history, top attractions or infrastructure in a way that is useful and inspirational for hikers and cyclists.
- Write copy that’s easily understandable, SEO optimized and adheres to komoot’s writing style.
- Tell the stories of these routes and places—and some of your own adventures—to get our Dutch users dreaming!
Dutch Freelance Editor. Why you will love it
- You will utilize all of your greatest passions: The outdoors, researching and writing.
- Your stories will inspire millions of people, from seasoned outdoor-lovers to novice hikers and cyclists, and they’ll help establish our community in the Netherlands.
- We encourage you to work from wherever you want, be that on a beach, in the mountains, from home, or anywhere that lies between the time zones UTC-1 and UTC+3.
- Enjoy a creative and responsible role that offers a great amount of flexibility.
You will be successful in this position if you
- You are a passionate outdoor editor with a minimum of 2 years experience.
- You feel at home online and always adopt the latest tools to improve your own efficiency.
- You are an experienced mountain biker, cyclist, hiker or bike tourer, and know the Dutch cycling and hiking hotspots like the back of your hand.
- You are available to work for us for a minimum of 20 hours per week.
- You speak Dutch on a native level, write and speak excellent English and also have a good level of German.
- You can write snappy and grammatically flawless Dutch copy.
- You are highly motivated, excited about taking on additional responsibilities, and are structured and target oriented in your approach to tasks.
Dutch Freelance Editor. Sounds like you?
Send us the following
- Your CV in English highlighting your most relevant experience
- A brief description explaining why you’d like to work at komoot, also in English
- Something that best demonstrates your passion for the outdoors, be it a snippet from your blog, YouTube or Instagram account
- A diverse portfolio of relevant projects you’ve worked on to date (published articles, blog posts, campaigns, etc.).
- Your availability (hours/week)
- Your suggestion for a Dutch Collection you think our fans in the Netherlands absolutely need to see. Details here: https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1gwem8lDQNUXINReTrtGZ9wiDhqlcfpYPPYoM6vj_LLY/edit#slide=id.p
LOOKING for a JOB? New Opportunities? Follow me.
Let’s help each other out! “We cannot help everyone, but everyone can help someone.