Director Talent Development. You will be responsible for planning, developing and leading core talent management processes and programs designed to identify, track and develop talent across the organisation.
Director Talent Development
Global Head of Talent Development – FMCG
Location: Western Europe (relocation is available)
Salary: 170,000 – 245,000 (euros) + market leading benefits package
The Global Head of Talent Development creates strategic programmes for the organisation across the globe acting as a strategic partner to the senior leadership team of this impressive organisation with people at the heart of everything they do.
You will be responsible for planning, developing and leading core talent management processes and programs designed to identify, track and develop talent across the organisation.
You will serve as an expert in the field of talent management and talent development and provide in-depth consulting to HRBPs, leaders, and the organisation on the approach to integrating talent management concepts into the business globally.
This role will be responsible for building and managing processes and programs including performance management, succession planning, talent reviews, leadership development, digitalisation and key talent identification.
We are seeking an individual with experience of influencing senior leaders to ensure their organisation is fit for now but also the future. This is an organisation which will allow you to be both innovative and disruptive in your approach so will suit a leader with experience of working for a world class organisation.
Director Talent Development. The role:
- Talent Planning: consult with HR and senior leaders and members of the exec to assess talent and organisational needs, develop solutions and lead successful implementation of programs in support of desired changes and evolve and maintain a healthy and thriving culture.
- Develop Enterprise Talent Management Approach: In alignment with future business needs, support the development of the organisational approach to talent management including building the foundation of core talent management practices, guiding principles, and philosophies aligned to the overall talent philosophy. Reinvigorate existing talent management practices and develop an overall strategy for core portfolio programs that result in improved business outcomes. Serve as the internal subject matter expert regarding talent management best practices as well as current trends and innovative new tools and methods.
- Performance Development: Lead the overall management of the performance management process throughout the year and create a culture of accountability and ongoing feedback through meaningful conversations, including performance growth and career development, with tools to support the process. Ensure ongoing review of the impact of the process through analysis of performance data and propose design improvements to continually ensure a simple, impactful, relevant approach to performance management with shifting organisational needs.
- Talent Identification & Planning: Establish a talent mindset through the design, development, implementation, and management of talent identification processes including key talent assessment and identification, succession planning, and talent reviews. Provide a simple and effective process for talent planning and partner with HRBPs to implement annual succession planning, as well as regular talent review sessions, to assess and calibrate the organisation’s talent, build bench strength, identify and mitigate the risk for critical positions, identify future capability needs and establish long-term people strategies to build capabilities. Responsible for the annual bench strength analysis evaluating the strength of the succession pipelines against future business needs and providing recommendations for talent actions.
- Executive Integration: In partnership with key stakeholders, broaden the organisational approach to coaching to increase the success of executives and realisation of business imperatives through executive onboarding, executive coaching, and executive development with clear program impact to the business. Create and implement overall coaching strategy which may include guidance on leadership standards.
- Talent Assessments: Assess existing talent assessment tools such as 360s and leader assessments and make recommendation for future direction of talent assessment in the context of the talent management strategy and future business needs.
- Learning & Development: Create the corporate strategic direction for the L&D teams to execute
- Retention & Engagement: measure and evaluate turnover, identifying root causes and collaborating with others to implement corrective action plans. Use competitive trends, talent data and analytics to drive organisational effectiveness and employee engagement initiatives.
- Lead the cycle of corporate talent processes, including performance management and succession planning
- Lead global high potential leadership identification, assessment and development practices
- Benchmark and establish world class talent development strategies
- Source, negotiate, manage and evaluate partnerships with global talent development service providers – globally
- Develop metrics and tracking mechanisms to optimise the impact of talent and development programs on business results
- Member of the Talent Leadership Team overseeing a team of regional Talent Development Specialist, responsible for building a high performing team, managing day to day operations
- Utilises “action research” and other change methodologies to support organisational change and growth
If you’re looking new job opportunities that offer relocation and high
salaries around the world check it out on our website Jobzey.com
Director Talent Development. The person:
- Bachelor’s Degree educated with a Masters degree in a related field being highly preferred.
- Progressive experience in Human Resources, Organisational Development or related field.
- Demonstarble specialist experience in Talent Management and Talent Development, with specific focus on performance management, succession planning, leadership development, organisational development, and change management.
- Prior people management experience.
- Experience working in a global FMCG organisation with exposure to the Exec and their functions.
- Organisational Agility: Understanding how to get things done in organisations; accurately identifying and initiating and cultivating relationships with key stakeholders and decision makers who have the ability to provide needed resources, information, or expertise; accomplishing objectives through formal and informal channels.
- Strategic Thinking/Systems Thinking: Ability to see how organisation systems impact each other, anticipate downstream implications to decisions, and apply a broader view when developing strategies or designing solutions
- Influence: Strong leadership and influencing skills including; superb communication, action-orientation and proven consultancy skills (analysis, problem-solving, facilitation, developing and operationalising business cases).
- Relationship Management: Ability to establish strong personal credibility and build client relationships throughout the organisation to deliver client driven solutions
- Innovation: Ability to innovate and challenge current norms to drive change in the organisation; Ability to conceptualise and execute creative solutions based on business need
- Communication: Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with an ability to listen well and translate information into outcomes that leaders and employees can digest and understand
- Professional Demeanor: Demonstrates an independent work initiative, sound judgment, diplomacy, tact and professional demeanor
- Organization: Possess strong organisation skills and attention to detail
- Performance: Demonstrated track record of individual accomplishments related to delivering results.
- Analytical Skills: Ability to use data and analytics to inform and influence decision-making at the executive level; Excellent analytic, problem solving and coaching skills, with the ability to take a thoughtful data driven approach to addressing challenges.
- History of building and maintaining positive relationships both internally and externally
- Can effectively cope with change and can shift gears comfortably
- Highly effective in ambiguous environment and able to produce maximum results with little direction and guidance
- Can decide and act without having the total picture
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Superior analytical and conceptualisation skills
- Knowledgeable about instructional design methodology and application for effective learning
- Ability to manage multiple complex assignments, with proven ability to assess competing priorities in a high energy, fast paced environment
- Strong business acumen, client-service, and results orientation
- Ability to travel internationally
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44(0)1158700115 for further details