Data Engineer – Dublin, Ireland. The right candidate will be very experienced using Amazon Web Services (AWS) tools enabling data lake, warehousing, and processing capabilities.
Cloudbeds is a travel SaaS technology company that works to make the world a more welcoming place. We build advanced cloud-based hospitality software for hotels, hostels, vacation rentals, and groups that manages reservations and guests, distributes room availability, sells inventory, and collects payments.
Our hundreds of team members are globally distributed across over 40 countries and, altogether, we speak 20+ languages.
How do we do it? On a #remotefirst platform that allows every member of our team to work from wherever they are around the globe. We’re looking for people who want to disrupt the travel industry and love to travel as much as we do.
As a Data Engineer at Cloudbeds, you will implement our company-wide data strategy across all teams and departments to deliver a best in class data experience to our customers and partners in over 150 countries, as well as internally within Cloudbeds.
You will work closely with our Business Intelligence, Reporting, and Infrastructure teams to progress and optimize our data lake architecture and drive the data transformation lifecycle to process terabytes of platform and industry data from multiple databases and origins in an automated and serverless fashion.
The right candidate will be very experienced using Amazon Web Services (AWS) tools enabling data lake, warehousing, and processing capabilities. As a Data Engineer at Cloudbeds, you will have endless opportunities to innovate and drive the industry leading, comprehensive, and global data experience for travel.
Data Engineer – Remote – Dublin, Ireland
Location: Europe (Remote)
Data Engineer. What You Will Do:
- Code ETL data transformations in PySpark/Spark.
- Design and manage processing pipelines via AWS Glue and/or EMR clusters.
- Manage ingestion and replication via DBMS from cloud MySQL databases.
- Process external sources like Salesforce via Appflow or kaggle datasets.
- Manage AWS Athena views and endpoints for consumption.
- Creation, modification, and maintenance of data infrastructure (Redshift [with Spectrum], S3 Parquet data, DBMS, Notebooks, etc.)
- Implement logging and debugging approaches in a standardized fashion.
- Collaborate with Business Intelligence, Analytics, and Infrastructure teams on a daily basis.
- Develop a framework for future extensions through standardized modern workflows.
Data Engineer. You’ll Succeed With:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience as a Data Engineer.
- 2+ years experience working with Amazon Web Services.
- Expert knowledge and experience developing efficient ETL data pipelines having multiple sources using PySpark/Spark and DataFrames.
- Strong knowledge and experience developing workflows with AWS Glue, EMR, Redshift, Athena, and LakeFormation.
- Strong knowledge of modern data lake, data warehousing, and ETL/ELT concepts.
- Strong knowledge of how to compose and implement structural data models.
- Experience molding fresh environments into efficient mature data platforms.
- Experience with performance optimization for processing and storage via data partitioning and indexing techniques.
- Ability to take a consultative approach to data strategy.
- Ability to work in an Agile Scrum environment.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work remotely and manage your own time in an international team.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication in English.
Our company culture supports flexible working schedules with an open vacation policy, personal and professional development for individual growth, and the opportunity to travel and work remotely with great people.
If you think you have the skills and passion, we’ll give you the support and opportunity to grow your career. If you would like to be considered for the role, we would love to hear from you!
Data Engineer. Company Awards to Check Out!
- Best Startup Employers in 2020 | Forbes
- Best Places to Work | HotelTechReport (2018, 2019, 2020)
- Deloitte’s North America Technology Fast 500 (2019)
- Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Companies (2018 & 2019)
- Inc. Best Places to Work (2017 & 2018)
- Best Places to Work | Inc Magazine (2017 & 2018)
- Start-Ups to Watch in 2018 | Forbes
- Connect MIP Award (Technology)
- Computer Software
- Information Technology & Services
- Information Technology
Data Engineer – Dublin, Ireland