Associate DevOps Engineer. In this exciting opportunity you will analyze, debug, develop, and support software solutions required to meet its business objectives and contribute your business and technical knowledge to relatively complex IT projects.
In this exciting opportunity you will analyze, debug, develop, and support software solutions required to meet its business objectives and contribute your business and technical knowledge to relatively complex IT projects.
Associate DevOps Engineer – Toronto, CA
Who you’ll work with
Reporting to the Director of Platform Engineering & Development Services as a DevOps Engineer, you will communicate and interact with systems professionals, as well the end users.
Associate DevOps Engineer. What you’ll do
- With supervision and code/design reviews by senior staff, responsible for the timely completion of high quality, well designed and well architected systems that make appropriate use of technology.
- Responsible for completion of an acceptable volume of work and for the communication of status of personal work plans and tasks required to design, develop, and test assigned portion of projects.
- Responsible for maintaining currency in technological trends and directions continually upgrading personal technical and IT related skills through research, education and self‑motivated technology experimentation.
- Participate in new technology investigation and make recommendations for new technology adoption where appropriate
Associate DevOps Engineer. What you’ll need
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or equivalent working experience
- Sound knowledge of current information systems theories, concepts, and techniques
- Good organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Knowledge needed in the following technologies or equivalent: PowerShell, .NET (C#), Python, Java
- Practical experience using and maintaining DevOps foundational software including the following:
- Github, Jenkins, Jira, Sonarqube, Prometheus, Docker, IBM Urbancode, Ansible
- Excellent communication/customer service skills required for interactions with people of varying levels of technical expertise
Associate DevOps Engineer. What we’re offering
- Pay for performance environment that offers competitive salary and incentive
- Numerous opportunities for professional growth and development
- Comprehensive employer paid benefits coverage
- Guaranteed retirement income through a defined benefit pension plan
- Competitive time off
- Discount programs including Edvantage and Perkopolis
- Degreed: a digital platform that helps you quickly and easily discover, share, and track ALL kinds of learning resources — from courses to videos to articles and more
At Ontario Teachers’, we are a globally minded organization and take pride ensuring that the people we hire and the culture we create reflects and celebrates diversity of thought, background and experience.
If you require an accommodation for the application, recruitment or interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Are you ready to pursue new challenges and take your career to the next level? Apply today!
You may be invited to complete a pre-recorded interview as part of the recruitment process. This will take no longer than 10 minutes.
We thank you for applying, however, only those selected to continue will be contacted.
Note that candidates must be legally entitled to work in the country where this role is located.
LOOKING for a JOB? Follow me.
Let’s help each other out! “We cannot help everyone, but everyone can help someone.
Follow us on facebook: New-Opportunities
The privacy of your personal information is important to us. Please visit our Privacy Centre to learn how we handle your personal information.
- Financial Services
- Investment Management