Assistant Dean. Details
Khalifa University is looking for a highly qualified Assistant Dean – Medical Education for the College of Medical and Health Science at Khalifa University.
Khalifa University also known as Khalifa University of Science and Technology or KU) is a science-focused university located in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology (KU) combines the Masdar Institute of
Science and Technology (MI), the Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research (KUSTAR) and the Petroleum Institute (PI) into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. In 2019 it is ranked as the 315th best university in the world by QS rankings.
Assistant Dean. Roles and Responsibilities
- reporting to the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
- supports the Associate Dean in providing administrative leadership and policy development
- assists the Associate Dean with the implementation of programs in the areas of curriculum, student assessment, and evaluation, and student academic support
- further faculty related tasks and interactive sessions
- contribute to the formulation of the CMHS’s strategy, with a focus on meeting KU and CMHS strategic goals in the areas of medical education, and medical student assessment, evaluation, and academic support.
- be part of the development of the CMHS’s policies and procedures, adhering to the overall objectives of Khalifa University, ensuring alignment to applicable regulations and standards and promoting of leading practices and educational excellence
- Manage and mentor staff within the office and contribute to the development and management of the office budget
Qualifications and Requirements
- MD or any equivalent educational and professional qualification
- minimum of 5 years of experience supervising curriculum design and development in an undergraduate medical education program
- experience in teaching, research, healthcare delivery, and/or service at a level commensurate of Assistant Professor or above
- Proven management experience, requisite expertise in working collaboratively with faculty members and medical professionals, strong interpersonal skills, and a thorough understanding of university structure and culture are essential.
- Demonstrable ethical behavior, professionalism, interpersonal skills, leadership, and management abilities that are sufficient to effectively direct and develop staff and students.
- Familiarity or experience with an educational institution in the Middle East.
|Type of Opportunity||Academic Job|
|Company Name||Khalifa University|
LOOKING for a JOB? Follow me.
Let’s help each other out! “We cannot help everyone, but everyone can help someone.