Application Support Engineer – Remote – United States.The Application Support Engineer is responsible for the improvement, configuration and support of application softwares necessary for operational business.
Addteq is looking for an Application Support Engineer, having a minimum of 3 years experience, with strong Linux background, to become the primary contact for our enterprise customers and assist in day-to-day administration & management of applications.
Application Support Engineer – Remote – United States
Location Princeton, NJ or remote
What You Will Do
The Application Support Engineer is responsible for the improvement, configuration and support of application softwares necessary for operational business.
- Install, maintain, and support multiple Linux-based applications on physical and cloud platforms.
- Monitor production environment, tuning application servers to optimize performance.
- Problem determination, workaround identification, root cause analysis, incident management will be one of the day to day activities.
- Troubleshoot, both proactively and reactively, by looking into server outages and errors, working on and logging incident reports.
- Manage Linux and related open source systems (Nginx, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Tomcat, Nagios, etc.)
- Triage and resolve support tickets related to application functionality, performance and system availability.
- Quickly identify problems and escalate to the relevant parties within the organization.
- Maintain a secure computing environment, including adherence to backup schedules, patching & updates, and regular security scanning and remediation.
- Provide exceptional quality of service to our customers and adhering strictly to our SLAs for response and restoration times.
- Ensure that solution and application support documentation is maintained to the highest quality and accuracy, which includes creating & maintaining knowledge articles.
Application Support Engineer. What You Will Need
- Strong Linux knowledge and experience.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in managing and operating live production environments.
- Good knowledge of scripting languages like Shell or Python.
- Experience in troubleshooting of installation, migration and performance issues of linux based applications.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills with ability to convey technical language to diverse audiences.
Application Support Engineer. Nice To Have
- Knowledge of scripting languages like Ansible, Docker, etc.
- Experience in stabilizing and improving JVM performance by tuning the Heap Size, Garbage Collection policy, and connection pools, etc.
- Experience / knowledge of database administration for the Applications.
- Experience in IT service management; preferably trained or certified in ITIL or frameworks alike.
Who We Are
Addteq is a company with high expertise in services focused around DevOps. The goal of DevOps is to change and improve the relationship between Development and Operations teams, by advocating better communication and collaboration between the two.
Addteq looked at the market strategically and addressed some critical needs within the burgeoning ecosystem. The response has been 250% YOY growth and a successful launch of a suite of products that are quickly becoming ubiquitous in the Atlassian ecosystem.
Addteq is proud to be a Platinum Atlassian Solution, Government & Marketplace Partner. Our Atlassian marketplace products are being utilized by some of the largest companies and financial organizations in the United States, Japan, and Australia.
We serve enterprise & public sector organizations by delivering the solutions our Fortune 500 client base has come to expect. We have offices located in NYC NY, Pune India, and Singapore, with our headquarters in Princeton NJ.
If you feel the same as we do about DevOps, please join us!
- Information Technology & Services
- Computer Software
- Information Technology
Application Support Engineer